Saturday 24 September 2011

THE COLOURS OF FALL

I love the fall time and all the beautiful colours, as the trees begin to change from green to golds, reds, oranges, and purples. This week in the classroom, we have begun to read books with Fall themes, and completed a colourful fall leaf art project. I searched the internet to find an appropriate leaf template and had my firsties use white, liquid glue to glue squares of coloured tissue paper onto the leaf template. As the tissue paper is glued and layered onto the leaf template, a beautiful mosaic of colours is created. Once the leaf is dry, I cut out the leaf template for my firsties, because when the white glue dries, the paper can become hard and brittle and difficult for their tiny hands to cut. 

 Leaf Template with Tissue Paper Squares



  Finished Fall Leaves



0 comments:

Post a Comment