Wednesday 4 January 2012

ANOTHER AWARD!

Well my husband, W and I enjoyed a wonderful couple of days at our family cottage. We went ice skating and tobogganing, and took our dog Della for long walks. When we weren't outside, we spent time playing cards and our newest board game obsession, Blokus. 


It is an awesomely (is that a word?) fun game that incorporates similar strategy as chess. We had so much fun being at the lake. Besides being outside and playing games, we (as in me) ate copious amounts of food. I swear I am going to have to go on a s-e-r-i-o-u-s soup and salad meal plan. But why start this week, when I am still on holidays, right? I can start on Monday! 

So once the overnight bags had been unpacked, the first thing I did was check my emails and blog and I was so surprised to see that I had been given another award! What a nice way to start the new year! Anita over Mrs. Bremer's Kindergarten awarded me the Versatile Blogger Award. Please check out Anita's blog. It is amazing, and one of the blogs that specifically inspired me to try out blogging for myself.  


 
The rules are:
1.Thank the person who nominated you and link back to them.
2.Tell 7 things about yourself.
3.Pass it on to to 15 newly discovered blogs and let them know they've received the award.
 
Seven Things About Tarra
 
1. I write lists...OBSESSIVELY! I have grocery lists, To Do lists, Timeline lists...I love writing lists (often in a scribbler) as it helps organize what I need to do. 
2. In addition to lists...I highlight the lists. Once I have completed something off a list, I find it absolutely necessary to highlight (scratch off when I don't have a highlighter handy) the item, so I can visually see that it has been completed. Bad, I know. I am not sure what this says about my personality. Nothing good I am sure!
3. I am addicted to Starbucks but do not drink coffee. My usual winter order is a Hot Chocolate (YUM! So good, but not for my waistline) or a Caramel Apple Cider. My usual summer order is either a Double Chocolaty Chip Frappucino (with cream) or a Shaken Iced Passion Tea Lemonade. 
4. I am left-handed.
5. I went back to school (University of Winnipeg) when I was older (28) and graduated with a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Education when I was 33 years old. 
6. I am deadly afraid of mice...not like the cute ones in 'Stuart Little' , but more like ones that invade a living space where they are not welcome. If I ever came across one, I would undoubtedly scream my head off and probably alternate between fits of fear and panic. For REAL!
7. While I have an insatiable sweet tooth, I am not interested in candy. I could pass up a handful of Gummie Bears or jelly beans, but love things like cake, ice cream, and chocolate.
 
I would like to reciprocate and pass the Versatile Blogger Award along to other well deserving blogs. I have to say, that I don't think I could come up with 15 'newly discovered' blogs, but here are a few that are definitely on my radar!
 
Teaching First


First Grade Fabulosity
 
Mrs. Bailey's Kindergarten 
 

For those teachers that are still on break...Enjoy! I am going to get busy over the next couple of days (in my pajamas!) and see what fun things I can come up with for January. I will keep you posted! For those teachers who have already headed back to work...It is almost Friday!

Thanks for all your support and for visiting! 

2 comments:

Heather's Heart said...

I just found your blog and am excited to be your newest follower! I am excited to look around your cute blog!

I would love for you to come visit! I have TONS of *freebies*!

Heather
Heather'sHeart

Tarra Mackelson said...

Thanks for joining my blog! I am definitely going to visit yours!

Post a Comment