Wednesday 1 February 2012

I'M IT!

Out in blog land there is a virtual game of tag going on and I have been tagged...TWICE! The wonderful ladies Laura and  Anita have both tagged me as the next person to be 'it'. I have to say I must have had my head down tying my shoes on the school playground, because normally I am a very fast runner! Thanks ladies!


Rules of the Game

1. Post the rules.
2. Post 12 fun facts about yourself in your blog post.
3. Answer the questions that the tagger has set for you in their post; then create 12 new questions for the people that you tag.
4. Tag 12 people and link them in your post.
5. Let them know that you've tagged them.


12 Fun Facts About Me


1. I am left handed!  
2. I am am short, 5' 1" (and shrinking daily I am sure)!
3. I love sparkles, sequins, and anything that glitters. If I could bedazzle my entire wardrobe and not look completely ridiculous, I would! 
4. I love to go out for sushi. My husband 'W', does not, so I usually go out with friends. Or sometimes when we are at home watching movies he will order pizza, and I will order sushi. Good compromise!
5. I don't have a Smart Phone (Blackberry or IPhone), as I can't seem to part with my $10/month phone plan. 
6. I floss my teeth each and everyday. I have heard that individuals that floss on a regular basis, have longer life expectancies. 
7. My favourite new TV show is 'Revenge'. Can't decide which guy I want her to end up with!
8. I think almost all art projects are better with glitter (see comment #3)!
9. I enjoy the occasional glass of red wine. 'W' and I have a 60 bottle wine rack in our basement that we keep stocked. We are saving a 2006 'Wolf Blass Black Label' for our next special occasion.  
10. I have a very small group of first grade cuties this year: 12! I know, I can hear your groans from way up here in Canada! I started the year with 29, and had 3 funded students, so due to the high needs, they split the class in October. It was a handful! I am very lucky!
11. I try to get a manicure every 3-4 weeks as a special treat to myself. It is my personal luxury. 
12. Two of my favourite fonts are:

Budmo Jiggler  and Pass the chex



 
Anita's and Laura's 12 Questions For Me
I took 6 questions from each lady to make it fair!


Anita's Questions:
1. What do you do on your summer vacation? Sometimes travel with my husband, but love to work in my small garden
2. What is your favourite restaurant? A Canadian steak restaurant called 'The Keg'.
3. What would your job be if you were not a teacher? Working in a chocolate factory!
4. What is the worst part of being a teacher? Writing report cards
5. What is the best part of being a teacher? Working with children and witnessing the academic and personal growth throughout the year
6. What do you do to unwind after a day at school? Take my dog Della for a walk


Laura's Questions:
1. What was your favorite childhood toy? A clown doll with a red nose that I called 'Cherry'...Weird I know!
2. How old were you when you got your first cell phone? 31...Again, weird I know! I was an older university student, and didn't want to incur the additional debt of a monthly cell phone bill. Not much of a cell phone talker anyways. Rarely use it!
3. Do you have a nickname? What is it? TB (for my maiden name Tarra Barley)...And there IS a side story but I will never tell as it includes an embarrassing teenager story!
4. Diet or fully leaded drinks? Diet...I know there are super bad chemicals in diet drinks, but I guess I feel that regular drinks are not any better, might as well save on some calories, so i can eat more chocolate!
5. What's your favorite way to exercise? Exercise? Jogging!
6. Night owl or early riser? Early riser for sure! I am usually in bed before 10pm and up before 6am. On weekends I 'sleep-in' until around 8:00am.


12 People I'm Tagging

1.    Lisa and Beth at Made In The Second Grade
2.    Robynn at Busy Bees
3.   Jennifer at Kinderpond
5.   The lovely blogger at Happy Teaching Sisters
6.   Rebecca at Teaching First
7.   Anna at Crazy For First Grade
8.   Gladys at Teaching In High Heels
9.   April at Chalk Talk
10. Lori at Fun For First
12.  Kimberly at Funky First Grade Fun


12 Questions From Me


1.  Salty or sweet?
2.  What is one of your favourite books?
3.  What kind of car do you drive?
4.  If you weren't teaching, what would you want to do for a living?
5.  Favourite colour?
6.  What is your favourite thing about being a teacher?
7.  What is your least favourite thing about being a teacher?
8.  Favourite guilty pleasure?
9.  Dogs or cats?
10. Favourite holiday destination?
11. Night owl or early riser?
12. Are you recognizing Ground Hog Day in your classroom tomorrow?


Whew! That was a long one! 
Tag, you're it ladies!

1 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm 5'1" too. Being short isn't all that bad, huh? My kids love all things pigeon too. (Following now.)

Tammy
Forever in First

Post a Comment