Wednesday 15 February 2012

MRS. MACKELSON IS MISSING!

Are your pants feeling a bit tighter from all the Valentine chocolate, candy, gummies, potato chips, flavoured popcorn, and cupcakes over the last 24 hours? Mine are! The grade one party was a huge success, and of course I had a sampling of all the fore mentioned, although I tried so H-A-R-D to limit my tasting to a "sampling". 

So now that my firsties and I have come down from our Valentine induced sugar high, I am heading out of the building for the next 2 days for a Professional Development workshop, as well as a personal day on Friday. Building on the idea presented by the wonderful and talented Cara at The First Grade Parade, I left the book Miss Nelson Is Missing! for my substitute teacher to read. The picture book, written by Harry Allard, is a childhood favourite of mine, and is about the mystery surrounding a missing teacher, Miss Nelson. 

 
I asked the substitute not to disclose my whereabouts, and brainstorm where I might be and what I might be doing. Am I sick in bed? Am I out shopping? Or having lunch with friends? I can't wait to see what my cuties come up with! Hopefully I am not swimming with sharks or my car hasn't been carried away by a flock of butterflies, like in the book! Here is the response sheet to the book that I whipped up. While the copy has my name, I am sure it wouldn't take too much effort to add in your own, or perhaps I have inspired you to make your own. Feel free to help yourself!
Mrs.Mackelson Is Missing

I purchased the cute border from Fancy Dog Studio and the adorable font is a new favourite of mine from Kevin and Amanda called: 

smiley monster



Have a wonderful day everyone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment