Thursday 13 October 2011

BEGINNING, MIDDLE, END

I know it has been so long since I last posted, but it was our Canadian Thanksgiving last weekend, so I have to say visiting with friends and family trumped blogging! One of the things we have been working on in the classroom is literary comprehension, and more specifically the sequence of stories and how each book has a beginning, middle, and end. My students love Robert Munsch, so I decided to use the book Mmm, Cookies! to introduce the topic. We had some great conversations around the sequence of events and where exactly they fit into the story. Help yourself to the sample activity sheet for use in your own classroom!

Happy Reading!

***I was having trouble with my PDF file embedding properly, so I had to remove the lines at the bottom of each B, M, E section that I used for writing. You can either draw them in by hand, or shoot me an email and I can send you a copy of the originial. 

Mmm, Cookies!
By Robert Munsch
   

Mmm Cookies

0 comments:

Post a Comment