Sunday 16 October 2011

PATTERNS, PATTERNS, PATTERNS

Do you ever feel like there isn't enough hours in the day? That is how I have felt the last few weeks. My list of things to do keeps getting longer and longer. Oh well...

One of the fun things we worked on in Mathematics this past week was Pattern Centers. My firsties had so much fun rotating between stations, and loved the 'hands-on' activities. We have worked on patterns for the past while and had been observing and making connections to patterns found in our own environment, so the Pattern Centers were a wonderful opportunity for students to be engaged and have fun, while demonstrating their overall understanding of the mathematical concept. I had 6 different pattern stations, including a bingo dabber pattern station, a sticker pattern station, a stamping pattern station, an unifix cube pattern station, a coloured tile pattern station, and a shape pattern stationI ran the Pattern Centers over several days, as they can be time consuming to complete. I have included several pictures of student work samples, as well as copies of my Pattern Center documents that you are more than welcome to help yourself to. I would love to hear comments on successful math centers that you have recently run in your own classroom!

Have a great week!



Pattern Centers

0 comments:

Post a Comment